Your first physiotherapy assessment will be for up to 45 minutes, depending on your condition. This will enable a thorough assessment of your condition, an explanation and discussion of our finding. This will also allow us to plan your recovery and start your treatment as required. With this in mind we would be grateful if you would:
- Bring along any referral letters or reports from your GP or consultant. Also bring any lists of medication and scans or X-Rays as necessary.
- As part of the assessment you may have to expose parts of body for closer examination. Please bring along a change of clothes. For a neck, shoulder or arm complaint we suggest bringing a vest-top if you are female, as this will involve being able to see the area in question. If it is a lower limb complaint, shorts would be advisable.
- If you are in discomfort and if you have any questions or queries, please let the physiotherapist know so we can
adjust your assessment and treatment accordingly.
The clinic is in room 11, Blackwell Business centre (see ‘location & times’). Please press the buzzer for entry. There is a seating area in the entrance that you can use should you be early for your appointment.
- Payment for the treatment is required at the end of each physiotherapy session.
- We accept cash, card and are registered with a variety of health insurance providers.
- Please follow the link for our consultation prices.
If you have private health insurance, we ask that you to reclaim their fees directly from their insurer. If you wish to reclaim your treatment costs on your health insurance, you will need to contact your insurance company directly and they will send you a claim form. I strongly advise you to ensure in advance that your treatment is covered. It is also very important to check whether you need to be referred by a doctor or a consultant before receiving treatment.
Please try to arrive on time or notify me if you expect to be late.
Francois Lewis Physiotherapy trading as Darlington Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic